Monday, November 4, 2013

Always Going

We had a pretty crazy weekend this last week.  It was kicked off by seeing Ender's Game.  We both loved it!!  Yep, showing my nerdy side again.  We spent Saturday at Zach's brothers house helping rebuild a shed and watching our nieces.  It was a long day, but worth it!  Sunday was amazing!  It was full of inspirational lessons at church and family time that night.  Oh, and I can't forget it was daylight savings.  I love daylight savings in the fall, mostly because I feel like I will get an extra couple of hours of sleep.  It was a very busy, but very fun weekend!

The lesson I learned on Sunday is that Heavenly Father doesn't leave us alone to try to take care of things on our own, but he stands aside because he knows we are strong enough and faithful enough to do it.  He never truly leaves, but sometimes he lets us handle things on our own.  That really struck home with me.  A lot of the trials we have faced have often left me feeling alone, but that offered a new perspective.  I also feel like in the middle of trials it has felt lonely, but looking back there are several times he has very clearly lifted and carried me through.  We have to remember to lean on him in everything, even if he lets us handle things.  He will always be there for comfort and, when we need it, direction on choices we should make.  He truly does know each of us and takes care of us exactly how each one of us needs.  He sends us the inspiration and revelation we need in the way we will understand the best.  It typically does take me longer because I am stubborn, but I eventually get there.  I don't feel like that is a bad thing though.  I have a personality like my grandmother, which is a very stubborn and fiery personality.  Those very things are what took her through life through many difficult trials.  I feel so blessed to have inherited those traits!  They are truly what keeps me going after my dreams and eternal family.

We have been working on trying to keep the ball rolling towards us having another baby.  We found out I have to have some labs done that I will have to do in a couple of weeks and then we can continue with our application process for the Miracle Fund for IVF.  Not too much has happened with this though.  It is kind of a slow process it feels like.  I just keep praying for patience.  Each week and month seems to like it is going to take an eternity.  I am sure it will fly by, but we have waited for a long time and are very anxious to get the same joy as everyone else in raising children here on earth.  The one thing I really can't wait for though is getting to raise Kaisen in the eternities.  That is truly going to be a huge blessing for our entire family!!

1 comment:

Mechel said...

Very beautifully written. I was just sitting here wishing I knew what blessings the Lord has in store for you and praying for you to have your veer righteous desire.