Sunday, November 10, 2013
Our Own Story
This last week I haven't been able to stop thinking about this. I think it is human nature to compare ourselves to those around us. Doing that has ripped me apart at certain points in life. While talking to my mom I was telling her I have to remind myself that we all have our own story. It really struck home with me at that point. I had always told myself that, but I feel like at that moment I let it really start to sink in. I started to think about what story I am living and what Heavenly Father has planned to happen in my story. While some of it may be difficult, I know he has promised us if we live worthily this life will "exceed our grandest expectations"-President Dieter F Uchtdorf. ("The Infinite Power of Hope," Ensign, Nov. 2008) I have one darn cute little man waiting for his family to come back to him to raise him in the eternities and I know I have children waiting to join our family here on earth. Just thinking of the joy we will have with all of our children and the opportunities will will have is mind boggling. We have already been so blessed with our cute munchkin, family, work, and schooling. I think it is so important to not compare yourself to others around you and remember we are all living our own story. We all have our own trials and joys. We need to be more loving and supportive of those around us to help them and celebrate with them as they go through their story. By doing that, we will have the opportunity to be part of many stories that will all hopefully have a very happy ending. The other thing I think is important to keep in mind is to enjoy the journey. It may get rocky, but their is always joy to be had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment